Friday 1 July 2011

Making "It" Happen

So its been a bit of a hectic week for me. Some family drama going on...... you know how it goes. And Zara came into heat. We had planned to breed with Kingston again. The puppies were perfect, however, it was taking time for them to get back to me and I didn't want to miss this heat. I came across an ad on Kijiji about an "oops" litter of pups who had a Dogue de Bordeaux father. I quickly clicked on the link and found Ottie. A young, beautiful Bordeaux from Quebec.

     After many inquiries and lots of paperwork. Zara, Neriah and I headed over to Rockyford, Alberta to meet Zara's future boyfriend. He was so excited to see her. I left Zara at Ottie's house for 3 days and when I went to pick her up, she didn't greet me and was not happy when I tried to take her home. Every time we meet another Bordeaux, she just seems to light up and is so content.

        Ottie has incredible strength and stamina for a boy half Zara's age. She is a bit of a cougar this time around. I am so excited for this litter and cannot wait to see what a Zara and Ottie litter will turn out like. I will try to post a picture soon of Ottie in all his glory. Hopefully by late August to early September, Zara will have had a litter of excellent Bordeaux's.

No comments:

Post a Comment